Last Updated: 11/22/2020
Your privacy means a lot to us! At Cats Will Play we have a few essential rules that we follow:
- We will not ask for personal information unless we really need it.
- We will not share your personal, identifiable information with anyone unless we
are complying with the law or protecting our rights, nor will we sell it for any reason.
- We will not store personal information for longer than 14 months on our servers unless
required for the regular operation of our site.
Like most website operators, Cats Will Play collects non-personally identifying information of the kind that web browsers and servers usually make available, such as browser type, language preferences, referral sites, and the date and time of each visitor request. Cats Will Play's reason in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how Cats Will Play's visitors use its website. From time to time, Cats Will Play may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, for example, by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
Cats Will Play also collects potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for logged in users and for users leaving comments on our blogs. Cats Will Play only discloses logged in user and commenter IP addresses under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information as described below, except that blog commenter IP addresses are visible and disclosed to the administrators of the blog where the comment was left.
Children Under the Age of 16
Cats Will Play is not intended for children under 16 years of age, and no one under the age of 16 may provide personal information of any variety on the Cats Will Play Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on the Cats Will Play website. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us.
Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information
Certain visitors to Cats Will Play choose to interact with Cats Will Play in ways that require us to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that Cats Will Play gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, we ask visitors who comment on our blog to provide an email address. Those who wish to write for us are asked to provide an email address, website and/or social media links. In each case, Cats Will Play collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the visitor’s interaction with Cats Will Play. Cats Will Play does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below. Visitors can always refuse to supply personally-identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities.
Personal data - including names and email addresses, and other common identifiers like Analytics Client IDs and App Instance IDs - will be deleted upon request. Otherwise, this information will be stored, then automatically deleted, after 14 months. You also have the right, at any time, to request access to your personal data (scroll to the bottom of this page, or simply contact us).
Cats Will Play may collect statistics about the behavior of visitors to its websites. For instance, Cats Will Play may use spam screened by the Akismet service to help identify spam. Cats Will Play may display this information publicly or provide it to others. However, Cats Will Play does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below.
Protection of Certain Personally-Identifying Information
Cats Will Play discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on Cats Will Play’s behalf or to provide services available at Cats Will Play’s websites, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using Cats Will Play’s websites, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. Cats Will Play will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. Other than to its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations, as described above, Cats Will Play discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request, or when Cats Will Play believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Cats Will Play, third parties or the public at large. Cats Will Play takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
If Cats Will Play, or substantially all of its assets were acquired, or in the unlikely event that Cats Will Play goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of Cats Will Play may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.
Comments and other content submitted to Akismet anti-spam service are not saved on our servers unless they were marked as false positives, in which case we store them long enough to use them to improve the service to avoid future false positives.
Amazon Affiliate Disclosure
Cats Will Play is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Terms, Conditions, and Other Legal Stuff
For our full Terms and Conditions, Disclaimer, Disclosure, etc. please see our legal page: Here
Privacy Notice for European Residents
This Notice only applies to residents of any member state of the European Union.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Article 13 of Regulation EU 2016/679
The Purpose of This Notice
This Privacy Notice provides mandatory information as required under Articles 13 and 14 of the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) regarding the transparency of personal data processing. Definitions of certain terms within this notice are explained in the appendix.
Data Collection Information
Our Purpose for Collecting Data
We may process the information your provide us for payments, shipping, contact, website comments, etc. This information may include legal name, business name, E-mail address, personal address, credit card information, and billing information. The basis for this processing is to perform the contract with you related to activities and services you initiate or because you have asked us to take specific steps before entering into a contract in respect to these activities and services, and have your consent to do so.
How We Share Your Data
We do not sell your personal data. However, to better serve you and run our business, we share data with third-parties from the following categories:
- Third-parties that are involved in processing purchases. For example, web shop systems, payment service providers, manufacturers, warehouses, order packers, logistics companies, etc.
- Third parties that provide professional services to us. For example, advertising partners, marketing agencies, business consultants, web hosting providers, analytics tracking (e.g. cookies), etc.
- Law enforcement and other government authorities as required by law.
Third Country Data Processing
In order to provide our goods and services we may need to transfer your information from your country of residence to another country in the usual course of our business. By dealing with us and submitting your personal information, you agree to the transfer, storage, and/or processing of your personal information outside of your country of residence as set out below.
In general, basic personal information for orders placed within the Cats Will Play shop are transmitted through Aliexpress in China. This information includes name, business name (when provided), and address. All other sensitive information is processed within the United States.
How Long Cats Will Play Retains Your Data
We will keep your data for no longer than necessary. In general, we hold data for up to 14 months. However, you have the right to request that your data be removed at any time. You can do so by using the Contact Us form, or the Access/Removal Form at the bottom of the page.
Your Rights as a Data Subject
As a Data Subject you have rights under the GDPR. Cats Will Play will always fully respect your rights regarding the processing of your Personal Data, and has provided below a list of your rights, as well as the details of the person to contact if you have any concerns or questions regarding how we process your data, or if you wish to exercise any rights you have under the GDPR.
Data Subject Rights
(Chapter 3 of the GDPR) each Data Subject has eight rights. These are:
- The right to be informed: This means anyone processing your personal data must make clear what they are processing, why, and who else the data may be passed to.
- The right of access: This is your right to see what data is held about you by a Data Controller.
- The right to rectification: The right to have your data corrected or amended if what is held is incorrect in some way.
- The right to erasure: Under certain circumstances you can ask for your personal data to be deleted. This is also called ‘the Right to be Forgotten’. This would apply if the personal data is no longer required for the purposes it was collected for, or your consent for the processing of that data has been withdrawn, or the personal data has been unlawfully processed.
- The right to restrict processing: This gives the Data Subject the right to ask for a temporary halt to processing of personal data, such as in the case where a dispute or legal case has to be concluded, or the data is being corrected.
- The right to data portability: A Data Subject has the right to ask for any data supplied directly to the Data Controller by him or her, to be provided in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format.
- The right to object: The Data Subject has the right to object to further processing of their data which is inconsistent with the primary purpose for which it was collected, including profiling, automation, and direct marketing.
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling: Data Subjects have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing.
Withdrawing Your Consent
If you have previously given consent, but would like to withdraw it, you may do so at any time using the contact information provided in the "How to Contact Cats Will Play" section below.
If you would like to withdraw your consent or object to receiving any direct marketing to which you previously opted-in, you can do so using the unsubscribe tool in that communication (if it is an email), or by writing us using the contact details at the end of this policy. If you withdraw your consent, our use of your personal information before you withdraw is still lawful.
If you have provided consent for your details to be shared with a third party, and wish to withdraw this consent, please also contact the relevant third party in order to amend your preferences.
How to Contact Cats Will Play
Your point of contact is Melanie Smeltzer. You can contact us for general data protection queries by using our Contact Us form, or request personal data information or removal from the Access/Removal Form at the bottom of the page.
Privacy Notice for California Residents
Information We Collect
Cats Will Play collects information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device (”personal information”). In particular, our website has collected the following categories of personal information from its consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
A - Identifiers:
Examples include real name, Internet Protocol address, email address, postal address or other similar identifiers.
B - Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)):
Examples include name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information. Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
C - Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law:
Examples include age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).
D - Commercial Information:
Examples include, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, records of personal property, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
E - Biometric Information:
Examples include, genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information such as fingerprints, face prints, and voice prints; iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait or other physical patterns; sleep, health, or exercise data.
F - Internet or Other Similar Network Activity:
Examples include, browsing history, search history, information on consumer's interaction with website, application, or advertisement.
G - Geolocation Data:
For example, Physical location or movement.
H - Sensory Data:
For example, audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.
I - Professional or Employment-Related Information:
For example, current or past job history or performance evaluations.
J - Non-Public Education Information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99)):
For example, education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student ID codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records.
K - Inferences Drawn from Other Personal Information:
For example, profile reflecting a person's preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitude, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
L - Equipment Specifics:
For example, information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access Cats Will Play (such as mobile/PC, versions, browser types, etc.), and usage details.
Personal information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records.
- De-identified or aggregated consumer information.
Information excluded from the CCPA’s scope, such as:
- Health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or clinical trial data
- Personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FRCA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
We obtains the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you. For example, from forms you complete on our website.
- Indirectly from you. For example, from observing your actions on our website or interactions with our advertisers.
Use of Personal Information
We may use, or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following business purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to ask a question about our products or services, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry. If you provide your personal information to purchase a product or service, we will use that information to process your payment and facilitate delivery. We may also save your information to facilitate new product orders or process returns.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- To provide information on further products or service when you request such contact.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Information We Collect Through Data Collection Technologies
As you move your way through the Cats Will Play site and shop, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to the Cats Will Play website and shop including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you use to access the Cats Will Play Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We may also use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking).
The information that we collect may automatically include personal information, or may maintain it or associate with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us improve our website and deliver a better and more personalized service, including enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize the Cats Will Play website and store according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to the Cats Will Play site and shop.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
Sharing Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to a third party for a business purpose. When we disclose personal information for a business purpose, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present the Cats Will Play website and shop and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our the Cats Will Play website or store or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any purpose with your consent.
Additionally, we may use information that we collect about you in order to allow third-party vendors, including Google and Amazon, to show you ads on sites across the internet (e.g. re-marketing).
Disclosure of Your Information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Personal User Information to others and we have not done so during the preceding twelve (12) months.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, vendors, and other third-parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. In particular, we may disclose Personal User Information to third-party payment processing provider in order to process payments made by credit card. Furthermore, we may disclose Personal User Information to a third-party manufacturer if the fulfillment of your order requires that your order be shipped directly from said third-party manufacturer to you.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some of or all of Cats Will Play's assets, whether as a going concern or a part of a bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal User Information held by Cats Will Play about our Users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your Personal information:
To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements, including for billing and collections purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Cats Will Play, our visitors and customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection.
We may share aggregated information about our users without restriction.
Disclosures of Personal Information for a Business Purpose
In the preceding twelve (12) months, Cats Will Play has disclosed the following categories of personal information:
A - Identifiers
B - Personal Information Categories
D - Commercial Information
F - Internet or Similar Network Activity
L - Equipment Specifics
Disclosures of Sales Personal Information
In the preceding twelve (12) months, Cats Will Play has not sold personal information.
Your Rights and Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We make every effort to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising: We do not share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that Cats Will Play disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your Personal Information over the past twelve (12) months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (See Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights), we will disclose to you:
- The categories of Personal User Information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the Personal User Information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collected or selling that Personal User Information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that Personal User Information.
- The specific pieces of Personal User Information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we sold or disclosed your Personal User Information for a business, two separate lists disclosing:
- Sales, identifying personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- Disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that Cats Will Play delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights), we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good service or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
Debug products to to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
Exercise free speech, ensure the rights of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided by law.
Comply with California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code 1546 et. seq.).
Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information's deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research's achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
Comply with legal obligations.
Maker other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to Cats Will Play by either:
- Using the Access/Removal Form at the bottom of this page.
- Emailing us from our Contact Us page.
Only you or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf may make a verifiable request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or are an authorized representative.
Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. Making a verifiable consume request does not require you to create an account with Cats Will Play. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify and requester's identity or authority to make the request.
Verifiable consumer requests may be made, free of charge, two (2) times per year. We do not charge a fee to respond to or process your request unless it is excessive repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. We will not:
- Deny you goods or services as a result of your location.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time, we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request's receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily usable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.